Documents Required for Closing
- Deed (a new Deed can be prepared by our office for a $100.00 fee). Please call us and let us know. If we are going to prepare the new deed or if you have your own attorney.
- Fire Inspection Certificate (to be obtained from local fire department) (Massachusetts only)
- Final Water Bill (In most cases our office we call and set up a final water reading, but if you prefer to do that, please let us know in advance. A paid receipt or final water bill is required in advance).
- Picture Identification (e.g., Driver's License) - this must be provided at the closing table.
- Social Security Number or Tax I.D. Number.
- Copy of Tax Bill and paid receipt for most recent tax period.
- If Applicable, a Certificate of Compliance satisfying Massachusetts Title V requirements for Septic Systems.
- Current mortgage payoff information (e.g. mortgage statement with bank name, and loan numbers).
Additionally, please note that this office will conduct a title search at the Registry of Deeds to ensure that there are no unknown liens, mortgages, or encumbrances on the subject property. If the results of the title search indicate that there are any problems, we will notify the client. Please let it be understood that, as the attorney's office, we represent the Lender.