PRIVACY STATEMENT AND POLICY
As professionals engaged in the provision of legal services to our clients, Law Office of David Carney, including its affiliated partnerships, including Title Insurance Companies, is committed to protecting the privacy of confidential and “Personal Information” It has always been and remains the policy of the Law Office of David Carney to comply with the rules of professional conduct, which impose a duty to preserve and protect confidential client information, upon lawyers and their associated personnel.
This Privacy Statement is based on the privacy and data protection principles common to the respective states in which we operate along with the federal government. We apply it in light of our overarching obligations to comply with law, to preserve client confidentiality and to represent our clients as effectively as possible within the bounds of the law. This Statement is intended to summarize the Law Office of David Carney’s data protection practices generally, and to advise our clients, interested law students, job applicants, website visitors, and other third parties about the Law Office of David Carney’s privacy policies that may be applicable to them.
This Statement is also specifically addressed to parties outside the Law Office of David Carney who provide Personal Information to the Law Office of David Carney or who visit or use the Law Office of David Carney’s websites, our apps, our social media sites, our extranets, as well as email messages that we send to you that contain a link to this Statement (collectively, the “Internet Services”). This Statement also describes how the Law Office of David Carney collects, processes and discloses Personal Information in connection with the provision of legal services and the Internet Services.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
The Law Office of David Carney collects Personal Information in the course of providing legal services to clients and as provided by visitors to its website or users of Internet Services. We may also collect Personal Information about you when you interact with us on social media sites and from other third parties and may also automatically collect information that may contain Personal Information. We may use that Personal Information where in our legitimate interest to do so for the following purposes:
- to contact you and respond to your requests and enquiries
- to personalize your visit and use of our Internet Services and to assist you while you use those services
- to carry out, monitor and analyze our business or website operations
- to conduct our recruiting and selection process
- to provide you with legal services, if you are or become a client of the Law Office of David Carney, and otherwise deal with you, and administer the matters you instruct us on
- to contact you (unless you tell us that you prefer us not to) regarding legal developments that may be of interest to you. If you do not want to receive publications or details of events or seminars that we consider may be of interest to you, you may do so by clicking on the unsubscribe link in electronic marketing communications
- to enter into or carry out contracts of various kinds
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations, guidance or professional obligations that we may be subject to, including anti-money laundering requirements. Where Personal Information is necessary for the Law Office of David Carney to carry out its anti-money laundering checks failure to provide such information may result in the Law Office of David Carney not being able to provide the representation.
Confidentiality, Security, and Retention of Personal Information
Consistent with our professional obligations, it has always been the policy of the Law Office of David Carney to exercise the utmost discretion regarding the information our clients entrust to us.
We maintain reasonable and appropriate, albeit not infallible, physical, electronic and procedural safeguards intended to maintain the confidentiality of Personal Information, including that provided by a visitor to this website and provided while using other Internet Services. We may retain information provided by you, including Personal Information, for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, or to achieve the purposes for which the information was originally collected and for the purposes described in the Statement and in our applicable policies. If you wish to obtain more details on our information practices, please refer to the “Contact Us” section below.
Disclosure and Transfer of Personal InformationWe do not disclose any Personal Information to unrelated parties outside of the Law Office of David Carney except in limited circumstances. Such circumstances include disclosures to our agents or data processors or other contractors acting on our behalf and at our direction, subject to appropriate confidentiality, privacy and information security commitments provided by the receiving party, or where we believe it necessary to provide a service which you have requested, or as permitted or required by law, or as otherwise authorized or directed by you. Consistent with our professional obligations, we may provide Personal Information to regulatory authorities and law enforcement officials in accordance with applicable law or when we otherwise believe in good faith that the provision of such information is required or permitted by law, such as in connection with the investigation or assertion of our legal defenses or for our compliance matters.
We reserve the right to change this Statement at any time without advance notice. Should any new policy go into effect for our Internet Services, the Law Office of David Carney will post it on this website and relevant Internet Services.
If you have any questions relating to our use of your Personal Information please contact David Carney @ [email protected] or by mail:
Law Office of David Carney
P.O. Box 245
No. Salem, NH 03073